2021-2022 COVID-19 School-based Direction (Directions are based on a state of Low –Risk)
When school starts, the following masking guidelines will be in place:
- Masks will be required for staff and students in all grades when transitioning through the school building, as well as any visitor to the building.
- Masks may be removed when seated in classrooms.
- Masks will be required for staff in classrooms in Grades K-6 when physical distancing is not possible.
- Masks will be required for staff and students in all grades on school buses.
Other important information regarding school start up:
- Cohorting is not required in school or on buses.
- Students are asked to bring a water bottle to school. Water stations will be closed for now and we will be using water filling stations.
- Contact tracing will continue for now.
- Parents and visitors will have to sanitize and sign in upon entering the building.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the school.
- The operational plan we developed last year will be implemented when there is an Elevated Risk in the province or a particular school community.
Drop off and Pickup
Bus students only
- Elementary – if students arrive prior to 8:15am they may come into the building and wait for the duty teacher to go outside on duty (8:15-830).
- Elementary - if students arrive after 8:15am they will go directly to their designated playground area (8:15-8:30).
- Junior High – if students arrive prior to 8:15am they will go into the junior high door at the front of the school and wait for the bell to ring at 8:30 before going to class.
- Junior High – if students are arriving on the bus after 8:30am, they are asked to enter the designated junior high door at the front of the school.
Dropping off students
- Elementary – parents are asked to drop students off between 8:20am-8:30am
- Elementary – students dropped off between 8:20-8:30 are to go to their designated playground area.
- Elementary - students dropped off after 8:30 are asked to go directly into the school, through the main doors
- Junior High – parents are asked to drop their child off between 8:20am-8:30am
- Junior High – students dropped off after 8:30am are asked to go into the junior high door at the front of the school and go directly to class
- Elementary (K to 4) students will be brought to the front of the school to meet parents/guardians.
- Elementary (5 to 6) students will exit through the bus door and meet parent/guardians at the front of the school.
- Junior high students will exit through the front junior high door to meet parents/guardians.
- Students will be eating in their class rooms to start the school year.
- Chartwells will be operating again this year and we encourage students to pre-order in advance or first thing in the morning.
- Parents will have the opportunity to pre-order. Information has been sent to you through your email account.
- Only students in grades 7-9, buying from Chartwells, will eat in the cafeteria. All other student purchasing from Chartwells will eat in their classroom.
- Chartwells starts on September 13, 2021.
- PEI Provincial Food Program on line ordering form has been sent to you through an earlier email.
- PEI School Food Program will start early September.
New Kindergarten Students
*Those students traveling on the bus will be greeted by a staff member and taken to their respective classroom.
*If a parent is bringing their child on the first day of school, a staff member will greet you in the main entrance, and take your child to their class.
*Please make sure you include a note in your child’s schoolbag indicating where your child goes after school. If traveling home on the bus, please include the bus number. Also, please include the morning bus number as well.
*Please ensure your child has a water bottle, indoor runners/sneakers, a snack and a lunch.
*If there is anything you feel your child’s teacher needs to know, please share it with the staff member greeting you and your child.
*Drop off will begin around 8:20am.
There will be ongoing evaluation of these measures by the Chief Public Health Office.